What to do with the old with some new to make it all GREAT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Canon A640 camera with a Canon WP-DC8 housing.

I also have two SEA and SEA YS60s with a DA-O-S Digital Adaptor to convert the analog light signal from my canon to the YS 60s.(works very well).

I also have a 20mm lens for the a SEA and SEA MMXIIE, a 2T macro and a 3T macro.

Using my present set-up I am unable to perform macro and wide angle shots since there are no adaptors made for the housing I purchased for my A640 camera. What are my options to increase the adaptability of this camera to use U/W?

Should I just buy a new housing for this same camera-is there one that I could use the SEA and SEA 20mm lens on and/or the SEA and SEA 3T 2T lenses? and possibly more lenses on with an adaptor? e.g. wide angle.

Should I buy a new camera and housing altogether, since the 20mm SEA and SEA lens do not fit the housing I have and neither do the SEA and SEA 3T and 2T lenses and there are few if any lenses that will fit the housing that I have.

In other words: What is going to give me the greatest versatility for the buck. I am happy right now with the two YS60s. The digital adaptor was a saving grace since it allows me to use both of them when Y'd to the light off my camera-it has worked well in the past.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks ahead of time.

Mike.

I did a search online and I think this may work. The site is in French I think and you could use Google translate;

Plongimage - Bague M67 pour Canon WP-DC6 DC8 DC11 DC16 DC18 DC21

M67 threads means you can then use any diopters with the 67 screw diameter such as Inon's UCL165M67 diopters which are stackable too. There are probably also wide angle diopters available for this mount.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Here is another option...but a lot more expensive. The French site had their adaptor for only 49 Euros I believe. A steal considering how costly UW gear can be....

INON, SEA&SEA, OLYMPUS, HUGYFOT, - Online Shop - Service & Beratung

And here is a thread on this forum that you may find interesting. It seems that Wide Angle with the A640 may be a bit of an issue with severe virginetting in some cases or loss in corner sharpness. THe adapter seems to work fine for macro lenses though.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ca...pter-oval-port-canon-dc-housings-incl-g9.html

Back
Top Bottom