What to do with old neoprene products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ID diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Recently I had to purchase some new booties, gloves and hoods. I am also anticipating some new wetsuits down the line. Generally in my day to day life I try to recycle items as much as possible (cans, bottles, cardboard, etc). I started thinking about how long the old booties, hoods, etc. would last in a landfill and was wondering if an option for recycling old neoprene products exists. Does anyone have input on this topic? If so, I would love to hear it.

Thank you.

Give them to someone who might eventually get into diving. I still wear my grandfather's wet suit from 1975 when the tempature calls. I also give old gear to kids they love it and hopefully want to use it some day and instill a sense of pride like my elders have done for me.

Hang onto it, or find a charity as mentioned, Sea Scouts or any local parks department who has water borne staff would love it. I worked for two years at a sailing beach on Lake Michigan, we got a ton of stuff from our patrons (there old kids stuff) and from the local coast guard station.
Allen

we take stuff on holidays with us and leave them with the DM's that made our trip a blast!

gloves, boots, bc's, knives, masks, wetsuits, stuff that has been replaced by us and still have plenty of dives in them have been left with others to have a new life.

for suits that have no more diving in it, i have used them for many things...... namely added some lycra & eleastic and made lens/dome covers for hubby & friends camera rigs

cheers

Back
Top Bottom