What to do when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
You're bored at work and have nothing work related to work on. What are some of your favorite activities to make you look busy while not actually accomplishing anything productive? (I'm bored and am looking for something to do!!!)

Rewrite the operating proceduers manual for your job/workstation (tends to add points to one's quarterly performance review as well)

Go into past files and "clean them up" - remove duplicate material, re-bind in newer covers, relabel, etc.

Organize/alphabetize office workplace reference material. See about updating older regulations, etc.

If you're in IT, see about cleaning up older code or eliminating dead database records.

If all else fails, clean something. Pledge the office furniture, Windex the windows/monitors, water any nearby plants.

(Can anyone tell what I do for a living? Firebrand, you're not allowed to guess :wink: )

FreeFloat:
(Can anyone tell what I do for a living? Firebrand, you're not allowed to guess :wink: )

That's not fair...
Oh well, I guess I do have something I can work on, but I don't really feel like naviagting away from ScubaBoard right now.

Then there's the old standard, pick up a stack of papers/files (doesn't matter what) and make the rounds, just chatting with people, as if you were on the way to the photocopier etc....... :D

ummm your not a clerk are you?

Firebrand:
You're bored at work and have nothing work related to work on. What are some of your favorite activities to make you look busy while not actually accomplishing anything productive? (I'm bored and am looking for something to do!!!)

Work on a personal budget spreadsheet to see how much of a pay cut you can afford to take to move from a high paying boring job to a low paying interesting one.

Reminds me, I gotta get back into writing SOP's and stuff. I wonder if they still use the DA Form 6 still??? :06:

Might need a clerk to help me out at times, split the paperwork so to get it done in a timely fashion.

ClevelandDiver:
Work on a personal budget spreadsheet to see how much of a pay cut you can afford to take to move from a high paying boring job to a low paying interesting one.
The Army owns me. I can't just quit to find more interesting work...I can daydream though!!!

Firebrand:
The Army owns me. I can't just quit to find more interesting work...I can daydream though!!!

Ha ha ha ha, two more years and the boots go on the wire! :dazzler1:

Back
Top Bottom