What to do when you can’t go diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Whether due to time, injure, money, off-season or COVID-19, you may be stuck indoors for some time. However, the passion for scuba diving doesn’t need to be sidelined. Here are some common ways to cope when you can’t go diving.

*Care for your equipment
It’s good time to service your diving gears. Inspect the hoses, change o-rings, patch your wetsuit or drysuit, stock up your save-a-dive kit, leak test the BCD...There is always something that should need a little attention in your dive locker. Get all gears in good condition and streamline everything well for the next trip.

*Learn something
Making good use of time to learn something new is encouraging. There are tons of great resources available right from your couch. You could enroll in an online course to learn more scuba skills, check out some excellent articles about diving, or watch incredible documentaries about oceans, lakes, rivers and caves.

*Organize your media
It’s the perfect time to edit and organize your diving photos and video. Relive some great memories by reviewing, processing and posting them on social media or a photography site.

*Plan ahead
Start researching dive sites you’d like to visit next time, figure out how to get there, make a budget, check out reviews on the instructor you are thinking about training with, ask online for recommendations. You can do the preparation work at home, and be ready for next trip...

Also welcome to share your suggestions. :)

if I'm not diving, I'm thinking about diving. Planning the next trip. Tinkering with my gear. Buying old regs and rebuilding them.

Oh, I almost forgot. Spend time with my family. Right, that.

Work out.
Review course books and notes.
Pool sessions with wife.
Charge batteries.

Moan about not diving on dive forums.

Buy more kit - will soon need a new house to hold it all.

Book more trips...

kayak

E43B3D8B-4676-4969-A06C-87CBCD9ECB30.jpeg

FF9F40D6-BF13-45DF-BE0E-0946F33415CB.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom