What to do if you got this budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dm_junkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I am given this budget to help plan a good trip of good action, decent food and accomodation; if travel is to be included will be even better.

Have hunted and come up with these:-

1) Bohol/Maboal Dive

2) Borneo Dive

3) Redang and PErhentian Safari

4) LOB - Kuantan Wreck

5) Adaman Seas

Opps...forgot the budget is around 500USD

Anymore good suggestions??

Wow, youcan do lots with money like that, mate. Don't forget Manado, and of course, Bali. With Bali, there'll be good action too! Ahem, and I'm talking about nightlife.

Have fun! :)

F/E

dm_junkie:
Hi guys,

I am given this budget to help plan a good trip of good action, decent food and accomodation; if travel is to be included will be even better.

Have hunted and come up with these:-

1) Bohol/Maboal Dive

2) Borneo Dive

3) Redang and PErhentian Safari

4) LOB - Kuantan Wreck

5) Adaman Seas

Opps...forgot the budget is around 500USD

Anymore good suggestions??

Hi Bro,

Am an action diver, not that kind of diving. Have been to Manado a couple of times.

Any recommendations about Bali instead? Can the amount cover everything? I did some checking lately on BAli, Tula dives sites...wreck dive alright I suppose, actually longing for good dive

Bali... How's this action for you? Mantas? You probably have heard, there's a dive site aptly named Manta Point at Nusa Penida. Chances of seeing mantas: (As 1 local guide put it) 99.9%. I've dived there twice and I've not been disappointed. A day of 2 dives to Nusa Penida costs about USD 90-100. But in my opinion, it's well worth it. Tulamben should cost you USD 70 or so.

I was there in early Mar and I stayed in the new Contiki Resort. They had (and I believe they're still having) a special. Book 2 nights and get the 3rd the 4th nights free. Breakfast and 3 course dinner included. Along with a range of activites. This offer works out to a figure of USD 40+ a night for each of the 4 nights. So with the air ticket, of SGD 200-300, you still have lotsa dough for drinks in Jalan Legian!

Have fun mate! Bali is one of the jewels in our region. Damn those bombers who have to wreck that place.

F/E

dm_junkie:
Hi Bro,

Am an action diver, not that kind of diving. Have been to Manado a couple of times.

Any recommendations about Bali instead? Can the amount cover everything? I did some checking lately on BAli, Tula dives sites...wreck dive alright I suppose, actually longing for good dive

Sounded like a good price to try out. Will check with my kakis. They're hardcored divers. So we'll be concentrating on dive dive and dive.

Mantas? Anything else? Am also looking into shark dives. Am actually quite sick of white and black tip. Can still make do with gray shark or nurse shark though.

Hey i just came back from Tulamben, Bali, 2 weeks ago and I would highly recommend it. Will fit into your budget too but depends on the flights that you land and the accommodation. I dived with Tulamben Wreck Divers, good pricing, great staff/owners, overall, i'd go back there again and recommend them to anyone. Let me know if you want a more detail trip report with pictures :)

Are you from Singapore? You can always do a liveaboard or resort trip out Singapore, or fly to Phuket on budget and do a Similans liveaboard. Kuantan wreck in comparison with the rest of your options seem a little tame, 'tho you might get lucky with cobias and the shovelnose ray.

My 2 cents :)

Hi pinklizard,

I am keen about LOB but not sure of my few century diver kakis...yeah..from SIN too....might hunt at ADEX like the rest.

How about you?

dm_junkie:
Sounded like a good price to try out. Will check with my kakis. They're hardcored divers. So we'll be concentrating on dive dive and dive.

Mantas? Anything else? Am also looking into shark dives. Am actually quite sick of white and black tip. Can still make do with gray shark or nurse shark though.

HI Junkie,

shark? what other shark are you looking for? lepoard shark like in Phuket? Whale shark or hammer in Philippines or LayangLayang ?

Gotta give me some pointers...
:10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom