What the h#!! Ikelite........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First, thanks to all for the useful posts.........

I finished my DIY adapter plate today........

Aluminum stock and some hardware from Lowe’s

Had to go to Fastnal for the 12 by 24 hex bolts to fit the Ike housing.......

So below are the pics............

Thanks again........M

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 84
Drill out the Sea and Sea and get some screws from a hardware store. When you buy Ikelite they always have two holes and no center hole. However when your buy their AF 35 strobe kit ...it comes with a tray and a selection of adhesive adapters for all the single hole housings so the other brands fit the ikelite stray...it would be cool if Ikelite had 3 holes ...then they would have all bases covered....Wishing my life away now...G.L.

Drilling the S&S tray was not really an option, it is not flat on the bottom and is contoured to hold the arms in place........

The adapter works with the two holes that hold the arms I just bought longer metric bolts to reach through the top plate and I added a third 1/2 inch bolt where the center mount slot is.......I figured three is better than two......

The aluminum plate effectively extends the flat top so I was able to use the Ike twin mounting holes......I did add short nylon washers between the plate and the Ike housing to clear the bolt heads and a small lip on the back of the S&S tray......

Total cost was under $20 used a hand drill, jig saw and file……..

It allowed me to use my existing tray and arms......

As N mentioned I had to special order the 12 by 24 cap bolts...........

M

Drilling the S&S tray was not really an option, it is not flat on the bottom and is contoured to hold the arms in place........

The adapter works with the two holes that hold the arms I just bought longer metric bolts to reach through the top plate and I added a third 1/2 inch bolt where the center mount slot is.......I figured three is better than two......

The aluminum plate effectively extends the flat top so I was able to use the Ike twin mounting holes......I did add short nylon washers between the plate and the Ike housing to clear the bolt heads and a small lip on the back of the S&S tray......

Total cost was under $20 used a hand drill, jig saw and file……..

It allowed me to use my existing tray and arms......

As N mentioned I had to special order the 12 by 24 cap bolts...........

M

LOL, I could have sent you a few 12X24X2 screws. I had to order 50 to get the two I needed. Well, since they have come in handy, or will.

Congrats on the DIY fix.

N

Sorry N.........but thanks for the offer......

I ended up with 12-24 by 3/4" long.......

Fastenal is great.....they were $1.35 each no min quantity and they brought four of them in from their regional warehouse..........

They are 304 SS.........I would have preferred 316 but these work........

M

So glad you made lemonade..Looks really nice
Cheddar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom