What size Jets to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaVP

Reaction score
Normal, IL USA (yes, that is a real city)
My LDS does not carry Scubapro products, so I have no way of trying on the Jet fins. I currently wear XL Aeris Velocities, and I was wondering if I should get the same size in the Jets. I wear 10.5-11.0 size shoes (US), and usually wear a 5mm bootie.

Also, what size Halcyon straps should I get for these. I have a homemade pair on the Velocities, made from McMaster Carr springs.

I appreciate the help!

Jetfins size M= 7-8
size L = 9-10
size XL 11-12
I have size 10 1/2 feet and I use XL jet fins they are slightly loose in wetsuit booties although a better fit than size L .
Joens

the Halcyon Spring Heel Straps come in 3 sizes M=8" ,L=10" ,and XL=12" . For me with 10 1/2 feet wetsuit booties and XL jetfins the Large [10"] halcyon spring heel strap fits perfect.
Joens

I wear a size 13 shoe, dive using a size 11 bootie..cold water bootie so it has to be atleast 5mm. My x-large springs arrived today and my Jets should arrive Thursday, got the X-large Jets.

I'm sweating over here because I want to use this stuff on Saturday...and I'm not sure if I screwed up something. If anything it looks like the Jets will be fine, but I'm not sure about the springs. If anything, I'll return them and get the large, but still dive the fins this weekend with the regular straps.
:)

You think I'll be ok? Sorry, you seem to be like the Al Bundy of this stuff and Saturday just can't get here quick enough.

Ohh this diving crap can be like watching a woman shop for clothes......did I just say that? :)

jepuskar once bubbled...
I wear a size 13 shoe, dive using a size 11 bootie..cold water bootie so it has to be atleast 5mm. My x-large springs arrived today and my Jets should arrive Thursday, got the X-large Jets.

You think I'll be ok? Sorry, you seem to be like the Al Bundy of this stuff and Saturday just can't get here quick enough.

I think you ordered the right size .That is where I would have started .I would think that the XL spring heel straps will be perfect
my concern would be that the XL jetfins may be slightly snug if you have a size 13 foot but if you wear a sixe 11 bootie it might be just perfect .Let us know how it fits.
Al Bundy Joens

So size does matter? I knew it!!

I was trying to eye up the spring straps and they look huge....we'll see. I'll keep everyone informed as I know this troubles everyone....hehehehe

:rolleyes:

I actually called 5thdimension for spring reccomendation and they recommend the 12" springs for the X-large jet fins with a size 9 boot. I wear a size 9 vulcanized rubber boot on my drysuit and the xlarge jets are a good fit. I also have a pair of jet fins in size large but the same drysuit boots dont fit in the fins very well. This is NOT a large boot im talking about here on my drysuit. for some reason, the jet fins run very small. my 2cents. (ill try to repost when my springs come in this week)

I am patiently waiting for 5 o'clock as my fins arrive today.....I have been staring at the spring straps for 2 days now...

I think I sniffed them atleast twice, both of them.

In the meantime I have been teaching myself how to tie a double fisherman's knot for my bungee necklace....the net is a wonderful thing. I found a video file that shows how to do this and I have it repeat it self...so picture me in front of my computer with the bungee string trying to follow an animation that goes too fast....in my underwear.

nice visual.

Is it 5 yet?

All is well with the Jets and Springs....

Getting that pin out of the originals is kind of a pain...I just filed it down all the way until its flush and then it comes out easy. Ofcourse by the time I get the hang of it I'll have the 2nd fin done. :/

Are these fins negative? I am very surprised at the material, weight, and thickness of this fin.

Should be interested to try them out. I like the springs...12" was definetly the right choice......hehehe, thats funny to say... ok, nevermind.

STROKE status has arrived.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom