what size is this faber tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can decipher the numbers and tell me what size tank this is. the numbers are dot 3aa2400 89/9007/81 m803 faber 3 84+ all i can tell is it is a low pressure steel tank manf. in 1984. thanks

It should be

3aa2400 84/9007/81

as the first number in the serial number is the year (84). So it should be the same as the first hydro which what is on the listing. The second number is the batch (9007) and the last is the tank from that batch (81). But none of that helps with the size.

The M8303 is Faber's manufacture's number.

The 3aa is steel and 2400 is the service presure - but you already know that.

Given the tank is 7" in diameter that would probably make it a LP85. A LP95 would be 8" in diameter. The height is with the valve which helps little but not much.

that is it mike,your kinda scary looking things up sometimes,i was just hopeing for one larger than a 72,being it is a 7 incher it should be,i just dont know anything about faber tanks.

Back
Top Bottom