What should the Vper come with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pggeek

Reaction score
I ordered a Vyper fron lesuresports and I got the box and computer. Is that all it comes with, shouldn't this come with a manual or something? What is usally in the box? I already checked Suunto's site and they don't list anything.

a manual, a quick reference card, and probably NOT a warranty card.

Otter

Ok I got the computer I called because it doesn't appear to be working right. When submerged it should read AC, turn on or start the dive timer, Right? This is done by the contacts on the back getting wet. Nothing happens.

I'm wondering how they don't have manuals??? Shouldn't these things come from the manfacture all boxed up and compleat? Maybe I just got a returned one.

AH, didn't know that. That explains alot :confused:

The "AC" shows up if the contacts on the back AND THE BUTTONS ON FRONT are submerged.

Press the MODE button on the front. It should start up, do a segment test (all display segments lit), then beep once and show you the battery level (on the right side; all segments except "SLOW" lit is full) and then go into its normal "surface" mode.

Now submerge it in the sink so that both the back contacts and the front buttons are covered. "AC" should appear.

The manual can be downloaded from Suunto's website, as was posted. Its not that bad of a download (its in PDF format) and is identical to the printed one.

LP shiould have provided the manual and quick-ref card - call them. I've never had things come up "missing" when I've bought from them - I'd call 'em and make a stink.

Yup, No AC. Everything else seems to work, as far as I can tell on the surface with a sink. Guess I need to get a RMA.

unless your water is VERY clean (very low ion count), which could cause that too.

Got any salt water around you that you can dunk it in? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom