********** What should I get, kayak, boat or something else?????********

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing beats a boat.........

EDIT:.....& I own a 29' offshore boat ----along with a SOT diving kayak, must say though, the kayak is MUUUUUUCH cheaper, lol----insurance on boat costs twice as much per year than the total cost of the kayak......, so I guess it depends on how big your checkbook is....:)

Sun Dolphin Scout 14 Square Stern Canoe | DICK'S Sporting Goods

I purchased an old boat for $2,000 and it costs me at least $400 per year for stickers, plates, dnr etc. That does not include parts repairs and more. Prob more like $600 per year not could ting fuel. Mt boat has 14gal tank and gives me 6 hr at full throttle. I use mostly to fish so I troll a lot.

Personally i would get a canoe there are some with flat rear to mount trolling motor. If you abandon the boat make sure you raise a flag. It was so funny to watch a diver surface to find the DNR starting a search and recover for missing boater when they saw an empty boat.

Hey Seaworm, if you get a chance, check out my Nearshore Dive Vehicle I designed. I love nearshore diving, but often it gets tiring reaching out to those nearshore reefs or jetties. I used to be a NAVY SEAL (as Vincent 54 alluded to), and spent countless hours in a Zodiac. I guess it kind of inspired my design a bit. You can see a short video of a dive I did with the NDV in Dania, Florida.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom