What regulator do you lust after?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But it looks like somebody snatched all of your corrugated hoses! 😉
🐸
Uh, no. I have so many hoses I could outfit the Navy.

It was some 20 plus years ago now I guess, seems like yesterday. I was diving the jetty at Panama City with my 58 Mistral. The hose split and I gulped down some seawater. I drug myself ashore laying there contemplating my sorry state in tears beyond being consoled to life with a stinking single hose regulator*. My last old rotten hose had gone and split on me and I had no more and no more were to be had :crying: . I decided to make some dang hoses myself and began calling various mold companies and rubber casting places and by chance a gent I was speaking to told me sure, we can do that. But you might want to talk to this other fellow who we make hoses for exactly like you describe!!!!!!!! Turns out it was VSS. Why spend $$$$ when somebody is already making them! So I ordered a few sets and then along comes VDH and I ordered some more hoses and then there was the fellow in jolly old England and I ordered some more hoses and then VSS came out with exact copy neoprene hoses in colors and I ordered some more hoses and then VDH came out with silicone hoses so I ordered yet some more hoses and then another fellow at the TSM came out with some more color hoses I did not already have and so I ordered some more hoses and when I found out that VSS might not have neoprene hoses anymore I ordered some more hoses. So, it is like this, I got the hoses :cool:. Enough to never need to sit on the beach crying tears with a split rotten hose dangling from my DHR ever again.

*Uh, let me say, I had not yet discovered that the G250 is the best regulator ever even if it does not have double hoses :eyebrow:. So now I have all these stinking DHRs and all I dive are G250s on Mark 2 Evos:giggle:.

It was some 20 plus years ago now I guess, seems like yesterday. I was diving the jetty at Panama City with my 58 Mistral. The hose split and I gulped down some seawater. I drug myself ashore laying there contemplating my sorry state in tears beyond being consoled to life with a stinking single hose regulator*. My last old rotten hose had gone and split on me and I had no more and no more were to be had :crying: . I decided to make some dang hoses myself and began calling various mold companies and rubber casting places and by chance a gent I was speaking to told me sure, we can do that. But you might want to talk to this other fellow who we make hoses for exactly like you describe!!!!!!!! Turns out it was VSS. Why spend $$$$ when somebody is already making them! So I ordered a few sets and then along comes VDH and I ordered some more hoses and then there was the fellow in jolly old England and I ordered some more hoses and then VSS came out with exact copy neoprene hoses in colors and I ordered some more hoses and then VDH came out with silicone hoses so I ordered yet some more hoses and then another fellow at the TSM came out with some more color hoses I did not already have and so I ordered some more hoses and when I found out that VSS might not have neoprene hoses anymore I ordered some more hoses. So, it is like this, I got the hoses :cool:. Enough to never need to sit on the beach crying tears with a split rotten hose dangling from my DHR ever again.

*Uh, let me say, I had not yet discovered that the G250 is the best regulator ever even if it does not have double hoses :eyebrow:. So now I have all these stinking DHRs and all I dive are G250s on Mark 2 Evos:giggle:.

I know one thing you don’t have, a MK2 Ti evo.
But nobody has one…yet.
We need to harangue Scubapro about that.

I will raise your one Kraken with my three Krakens:

Series I DD-6 of the Determined Dozen and 14-JRW from the first few in the crowd funding and then my Series II Special Issue AKV-011 :yeahbaby: .

JRW
Yesssss, now that’s a collection, my Friend. B T W, who ‘drew ‘ ser. # 1 ?? ( …’I’ know who… lives in ‘Upstate N Y…) 🤔😀. I almost bought another he was selling at WSQ in August.( I don’t travel w/that much ‘$’ at a time.)

Always had the Oceanic Delta 5 for over 10yrs now.. When my kids got certified I got their own too. I like them cause after my dives I could open it up myself and clean the 2nd stage in the sink easily. My buddy was big on the Scuba Pros but I couldnt see the difference especially for the cost.

I agree…you ‘stick’ with what you like. Yes, for a good ( actually ‘Great’ reg…to me anyway..) I still go for my tried and true DACOR SHRs. ….I kinda resemble an overstuffed Seatec BCD ‘sandwich’ Either Oly 400 or Pacer 650XL.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 33
Random thought....

Has anyone ever run the LP hose tp the secondary through the corrugated hose for the exhaust? Same effect with one fewer hose.

Back
Top Bottom