What precaution do you take for BED BUGS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those little bastards live off blood so eventually they will die if you cut off the food source, i.e. keep them away from you and your pets.

Apparently it takes 6 months to a year without food and water to kill them. Folks who wants to keep their mattress can lock them up with special mattress bags.... and they will eventually die....

Would it be worth taking some of the products you would use to kill them when you travel? I have seen quite a few when I did a search. :

The problem is that they hide in little cracks and crevices, so spraying and bombing does not help. They are like cockroaches. You have to focus the spraying to only the seams, crevices, joints of your bed posts, welds, and mattress seams. It might just be easier to learn to peel the mattress seams back and identify them then to spray for them. If your room has bed bugs, request another room without them.

radon, mold, bed bugs, if its not one thing, its something else. Stop worrying so much.

Spoken like someone who's never had them. Trust me, it's worth the 10 min extra effort to avoid 6 months of pure, unadulterated hell.

Buy a camper. Problem solved.

Insecticides have some value in control of bedbugs, but as mentioned previously its hard to apply to them because they can squeeze their filthy little bodies into any crack or crevice. I know that commercial pest control companies often disassemble furniture in order to get them. They also use steam generators to kill them. I think that if you have them you need to call in a professional. I think that they charge about 2-3,000 per room but if they spread to the whole house you are really screwed.

However said to worry about something else will be singing a different tune if they ever have to deal with them. They are becoming more prevalent in the U.S., but in the places that divers visit they are often very prevalent.

Its true that they can live over a year without food so I don't know what you would do about equipment that you can't treat with heat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom