What poseidon cyklon model is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
I know of no widows that were produced by that regulator.

It's just a Nick Name guy's, I'm surprised you've never heard it before. It's been around a long time.

As I said I respect this reg (2nd Stage), who couldn't, it's coming up for nearly 50 year's in production and still performs up with the new guy's.

D.M

Thalassamania:
I know of no widows that were produced by that regulator. I dove that same model regulator for years, I still have two of them and I still dive them on occasion. I'd say it's a keeper.

And Luis, I'm very jealous of your tanks with the DIN twin tank adapter.

...Me too...

Rings and straps make a surprisingly comfortable combination. I worked a few recovery jobs with an ex seal who had double 90ies (I think.) Configured that way they were heavy as all get out and difficult to remove from the trunk of a car. However, once you had them strapped on they were no problem and very well balanced.

Back to the "widow maker" I never heard that moniker applied to that regulator either, "PIA" by a few impatient reg techs, but never unsafe. Now, when no customers were in the shop the SOS deco meter was known as the BEND-O-MATIC :) which I feel was apropos. I know two guys who got bent while still in the safe zone according to their meters.

My advice to Beachhead would be to learn to service the Poseidon himself or to sell it and use the funds to get a regulator that is less finicky. Anyone who owns a regulator that is not interested in DYI or vintage should have a unit that can be serviced by loads of dive shops throughout the world. SP and USD are usually the best bet.

couv

couv:
...Me too...
My advice to Beachhead would be to learn to service the Poseidon himself or to sell it and use the funds to get a regulator that is less finicky. Anyone who owns a regulator that is not interested in DYI or vintage should have a unit that can be serviced by loads of dive shops throughout the world. SP and USD are usually the best bet.
couv

Just happen to be into VINTAGE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110160673391&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

It's a shame that these sell only for that.

Scuba Tech:
We called this one the "Widow Maker"!

D.M
That must be why the German Navy has depended on this reg for decades, or what???

I used to own this reg and it is a hell of a lot sturdier than those plasticky thingies they make these days.

"Widowmaker".... tststs

And yes, just in case you wondered, I am a Kraut :D

Back
Top Bottom