What mode do you shoot in most?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
The Oly cameras have different modes as we all know- It might be an interesting discussion to find out how everyone uses their camera U/W - i.e.which mode they like to shoot in for different things.
Personally I like to use the My Mode settings and have them setup for different tasks - like two for macro (different depths) - two for WA (didn't really use these yet as I still need to get the lens! :sad: ) - the others at fixed focus lengths to cut down the camera's delay - a couple of these set not to flash for shallow stuff.
How about everyone else?

Good idea. Here's mine:
I use My Modes for everything:
My Mode 1: Manual, Macro, Spot focus, 1/250s, f5.6, Slave flash level 1, SHQ, ISO64, zoomed in 3/4 of the way, Sequential Drive mode.
My Mode 2: exactly the same as 1, except f8.0
My Mode 8: exactly the same as 1, except f4.0
My Mode 3: same as 1 except SMacro, 1/500s, f8.0, RAW
My Mode 4: CFWA: Same as 1, except 1/60, f5.6, zoomed out full wide
My Mode 5: Fast action ambient light: S, AF, 1/60, Flash off, SHQ, IS0 200, Sequential Drive
My Mode 6: Fast action ambient light: A, AF, f4.0, Flash off, SHQ, IS0 200, Sequential Drive

I also have the Picture Quality (SHQ, RAW etc) selection, Drive Mode selection and My Mode selection programmed as shortcuts in the Menu (OK button).

I mostly shoot in Manual mode and occasionally apeture mode. I haven't tried any of the My Mode settings yet. I just had my first trip with the 5050 and between camera (housing fit) problems and time constraints, I just didn't get around to it.

ReyeR...thanks for the MM setting examples. Another reason I wasn't in a hurry to use MM. 'Course it won't help me much in our local waters!

100% manual.

I've never ben a fan of the my mode settings. They may get you in the neighborhood of the correct exposure, but I never ran across a situation where the my mode setting was exactly what I wanted, so I still had to make adjustments. IMHO, it's faster and easier to switch to macro mode, or change settings, then switch the mode and then change settings,

YMMV, MHO, etc

Chris

I shoot in Manual Mode exclusively and play with the Aperature/Shutter speed on the fly depending on how I want the background/foreground lighting to relate to each other.

Back
Top Bottom