what mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

verve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
im looking 2 get a mask and im not sure which is best 4 me, i know fit and comfort, but im wondering does any one have info or expireance on atomic arc and atomic sub frame atomic framless ill be diving in clear warm water ie egypt thailand maldives,many thanks verve

thanks, the arc looks like it has a shade of red would these be more suited 2 low and dark vis?thanks

the dive rite mask is guaranteed to fit, or return it according to dive rite express. That sold me on it and its been the best mask I have ever owned.

Just find one that fits. If you end up with a few that all fit great, then choose the best from that bunch. I have a large face so I am often limited on what will fit. A dive shop typically has 1 or 2 that fit me properly. Any mask that fits you properly will be better than great mask with a poor fit. That being said, you will get plenty of practice clearing your mask if it fits poorly.

cheers guys, please tell me is the atomic arc good for the type of diving im doing, maldives thailand egypt? thanks verve

A mask is a mask..........:)

Of all my dive gear it is the item I think least about, now that I have found a style that fits me leak free.........

Leak free fit is what counts; also check that your nose fits the frame, some low volume masks can be very close to your face and hit the bridge of your nose.......

I use the same mask for sub 40 degree twin tank murky freshwater wreck river dives to relaxing warm Caribbean reef drift dives......

Black skirts cut down on potential glare.......so photographers seem to prefer them......

Clear skirts allow more light in, so less of a closed in feeling and you have somewhat more peripheral vision...........

Others say that the only cool color for Scuba gear is black.......or you are special forces then black is required.....:)

Our entire family dives the Aqualung Mythos........this is great because we need carry only one clear skirted extra mask as a backup for all of us.......

My wife will only dive a clear skirt, she feels less claustrophobic......

I dive a black skirt as I try and take pictures.......

Daughter and son don't really care, they just dive.........

Atomics get good reviews, makes great products and have "white" glass, so more light gets in.......

Personally, I have not tried an Atomic mask so I can't comment................

I buy our mask from LP for $37 each...........so for the same price about one Atomic mask I get 3 masks.........we seem to break or loose at least one a trip...........

Hope this helps.......M

thanks 4 ur info. cheers verve

Back
Top Bottom