What make is my drysuit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

morsnowski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all,

I just happened to get my fingers on a trilaminate drysuit. The label is gone but it appears to be in surprisng good nick. Is there any chance to figure out what make it is? All I can say for sure is it has APEKS valves and a nice ugly color (blueish) pretty much as the blue colour in the forum header.

Thanks,
Mike

morsnowski:
Hi all,

I just happened to get my fingers on a trilaminate drysuit. The label is gone but it appears to be in surprisng good nick. Is there any chance to figure out what make it is? All I can say for sure is it has APEKS valves and a nice ugly color (blueish) pretty much as the blue colour in the forum header.

Thanks,
Mike

If you post some photo's MAYBE someone will be able to identify the manufacture. Apeks valves are likely used on many drysuits, and providing a color may not be very useful either... In any event, it does not really matter much.. if it dives dry, and fits, then score! When it comes time for new seals, well, it's not really going to matter who made it, any latex/neo seal is going to work I believe.

Going by the valves on it isn't a sure fired way to identify a suit because often times people swap them out.

Do a search, Viking makes a blue Trilam drysuit as well. http://www.trelleborg.com/protective/template/T036.asp?id=538&lang=2

At least I've been told it's a trilam, their site says a polymer-coated fabric which doesn't tell you a lot, could be a bi-lam as well.

Ok guys, what brand are my jeans? Theyre blue, and the zipper is made by YKK.

Just kidding, yeah a pic would help.

I have a used blue OS system drysuit that someone here helped me identify the brand. But, dude, you gotta post a picture.

Back
Top Bottom