What kind of Wetsuit????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyAnnaRe:
Can I wear a 3mm full and a 2mm shorty? Is that a possible combo? Or can I get a 1mm underneath a 3mm?

I say either/or. My Dive Shop was the one that suggested doing this. The only reason I have my shorty over my full is because the shorty is a little bit bigger than the full suit. Either / or will work to keep you warmer.

It is hard to say since some people get colder than others. I usually dive with a thicker suit, since if you get a bit warm you can always unzip it a bit.

Hi There,
I am heading to Blackeards on March 25th for my 6th time . Each as been in March and April. I have always worn a Polartec fleece lined full nylan piece with a shorty over that. I tend to not get cold, but there have been times, say about day 3 after the 3rd dive of the day where I decided to not do the cooler evenings night dive due to not wanting to get chilled by putting on that wet suit again. (I think a hot chocolate with rum under the full moon was the alternative, so not compaining about my decision.) So think multiday diving, steady breezes , a great dive trip that will supply you with a lifetime of diving memories.... and bring that extra wetsuit. You can rent one from them, but I always like to really put myself in the banks pocket by buying one new nice piece of equipment before I go on a B.B. trip. ( this year it's a new updated prescription bifocal mask). Maybe for you there's a good discount deal on the web for a new cozy polartec fleece under layer skin. It also makes it so much easier to pull your wetsuit over your skin. I'd do it , stay warm, and what the hell if you only wear it once to stay warm enough to do one more dive at the end of the day then it has more then earned it's price. Just my 2 cents, have a great trip! Steve from Maine

BabyAnnaRe:
My boyfriend and I are going on a Blackbeard Cruise April 9-15 2005. We were wondering if anyone has gone during that time before and what kind of wetsuit they wore. The only time we have dove before is in the Catalina Island area and that was COLD. If anyone could give us any feedback that would be great. Thanks

I would use a 6.5 or > mm farmer john wetsuit or drysuit.

Thank you so much for the information. The bet I have had yet. I am going tomorrow to look for a wetsuit. I had problems last time I tried to rent one. Too tall and too thin. So either the arms and legs were too short or it was just too big all around to get it long enough to fit my arms and legs. So I would have to find one around here just to try it on. Dont want to mess with the online stuff. It is good to know the evenings are cooler. I might try another night dive but the last one was kinda odd. Thanks for the information Steve.

Back
Top Bottom