What kind of fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericandres1992

Registered
Reaction score
I want to buy fins since i am new to diving.But there are so many that i dont know wich one might be a good fin with a respectful price.......???

what do you call respectful price??
but I refer you to 18 New Fins - Scuba Diving Magazine as that is a much more unbiased review than you will likely find here.

if you want opinions, well I prefer forcefins, specifically the Pro's are great fins, are reasonably priced and will do you great in the long run. you can get them for $159 or better

My very biased opinon is buy a pair of Scubapro Jet Fins and then you will only buy have to buy one set of fins for your entire diving career.

I bought a set in 1985 and have never found a pair I like better although I have tried on many occasions.

I concur with DA =)

And while Leisurepro.com is not an authorized dealer.. they have them for 64.95 =) I have a set of Manta Spring Straps on mine, and makes them even better =)

-Scott

Whether you choose split fins or paddle type, I would suggest open heel fins. In my personal opinion, full foot fins are not the fin of choice for rough entry shore dives.

I have a few sets of fins, and will soon be purchasing the aforementioned ''Scubapro Jet Fins''.

I concur with DA =)

And while Leisurepro.com is not an authorized dealer.. they have them for 64.95 =) I have a set of Manta Spring Straps on mine, and makes them even better =)

-Scott

If you buy from LeisurePro you won't get free parts for life... :D

what do you call respectful price??
but I refer you to 18 New Fins - Scuba Diving Magazine as that is a much more unbiased review than you will likely find here.

I find it funny that even the lowest scoring fins got a decent overall grade and some sort of a nice conclusion.

Magazines such as that are rarely unbiased, regardless of the sport or topic, but more on the line of the 'advertiser bias' IMO. :D

p.s. Some items in that article have just about ridiculous prices for what they are.

My very biased opinon is buy a pair of Scubapro Jet Fins and then you will only buy have to buy one set of fins for your entire diving career.

And that's a real low TCO for all you sales people out there! :D

That's what I mean by all around good performer, regardless of kick type or kind of dives you do, one pair suits it all. Kinda like the Lord of the rings thing, 'one fin to rule them all'...

There's a reason they (SP Jets) are unchanged and still loved and successful after so many years..... =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom