What kind of defog to use inside case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Folks I just picked up a cheap 35mm camera in a clear housing and the instructions said to apply a defog to the lens area inside the case, I am not real sure what kind to use since the stuff I use on my mask must be washed out and water and cameras dont mix well.

Advice???

Thanks

I've heard of these directions but my Oly PT-10 doesn't have to be defogged. I use a couple of small dessicant packs to absorb any moisture from temperature differences.

I've run into this problem before where, on a hot day the part of the housing that is in front of the lense would fog up and your camera is useless for the dive.

To avoid this make sure that before each dive the camera and the inside of the housing are completely dry (can be difficult on a cattle boat). If there is the slightest amount of moisture your camera will fog.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom