What is your motivation to solo dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry if i don't understand have you done your certification or not yet ? I did about 20 ish solo dive by myself (not certified). I am thinking do to the self reliant course next spring but i am wondering if i will gain much doing so. What's your thoughts on that ?

Here in the Midwest, there are several quarries that allow solo diving, IF you have a solo card. One is 90 minutes from me. Being able to mooch about shallow working on CCR skills has been invaluable for me at my local quarry. Others in the Midwest don’t allow solo CCR, but my local one does.

back in the days i did part of intro cave diving with, Robbie Schmittner if you don't know him go check him out. If anyone know a good instructor to teach solo in the brockville, ontario area let me know. ( i wrote to Jill Heinerth but did get back any answers , was not sure if she teach anyway.)

cheers

back in the days i did part of intro cave diving with, Robbie Schmittner if you don't know him go check him out. If anyone know a good instructor to teach solo in the brockville, ontario area let me know. ( i wrote to Jill Heinerth but did get back any answers , was not sure if she teach anyway.)

cheers

Is Jill even a solo course instructor?

Just because she’s a big name doesn’t mean she’d be a god instructor.
i know that just looking at my options.

sorry if i don't understand have you done your certification or not yet ? I did about 20 ish solo dive by myself (not certified). I am thinking do to the self reliant course next spring but i am wondering if i will gain much doing so. What's your thoughts on that ?

Nope. Not yet, I really need to get caught up. I have shore dived by myself, but that was in water no deeper than 25'.

Shore diving you're free to do whatever you want. Certs are for boats and private property. Maybe Dan insurance if you have it.

Have to have 100 logged dives at the reputable LDS's here. Can get through advanced, deep, and nitrox before hitting that. I think one shop required redundant air, lights, and computer, as well.

Nope. Not yet, I really need to get caught up. I have shore dived by myself, but that was in water no deeper than 25'.

Shore diving you're free to do whatever you want. Certs are for boats and private property. Maybe Dan insurance if you have it.

Have to have 100 logged dives at the reputable LDS's here. Can get through advanced, deep, and nitrox before hitting that. I think one shop required redundant air, lights, and computer, as well.
i do also shore diving pretty shallow too like you while solo diving i don't exceed 30 feet. most
likely you know are to do it but what i like the most is underwater navigation and the use of the compass.

Have you looked at the standards for the various agency solo classes? 100 logged dives are required, as is redundant air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom