What is up with Silk Air and lost baggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just finishing up a week in Lembeh (awesome diving). I flew down Singapore airlines Bangkok to SG, then Silk Air to Manado, all on business class. My bags didn't arrive with me and a dozen other passengers. Only two ground staff were left to handle the paperwork, I had to wait 48 hours to get my bags. Always horrible experience losing bags, but when I got to the resort, I found another couple who Silk Air had lost their bags as well. Maybe lost is too strong, as they knew it was still in Singapore. They left 2 days ago and emailed to say that on the way back, their baggage was "lost" again by Silk Air. A third couple arrived yesterday, also without baggage.

One has to ask... what is going on with Silk Air?

I was assuming, when you told me in the airport that a whole bunch of passengers had missing bags, that they had simply forgotten to put a whole container on board the airplane, but these other incidents are worrying! I'll see you in a couple of hours in Manado airport!

---------- Post added April 21st, 2013 at 07:19 AM ----------

Did your stuff make it to Bangkok last night? I got all my bags, thank goodness!

I am taking the LAX-Singapore-Manado flight to Lembeh in October, and have a 6 hour stop in Singapore. I was planning on going to the transit hotel so I did not have to clear immigration & customs. Now I am concerned that my through checked bags are going to be left on a customs bagggagee belt in singapore. Let us know how you trips turn out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom