What is trolling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It means that the poster is deliberately posting with the intent of causing hate and discontent: inciting arguments, baiting people, insulting them, or bringing up contentious issues to watch the resulting fireworks.

It isn't that contentious issues cannot be discussed in a civil manner. That's why the board exists. Rather, it isn't a matter of WHAT you say, so much as HOW you say it. (Just like your mother always told you.....) :)

N.E.Diver:
what does it mean when someone says that a person is trolling on this board?
c'mon, you know what trolling is! Don't go starting up a "who's a troll thread"

:eyebrow:

Just kidding of course.

cmalinowski:
c'mon, you know what trolling is! Don't go starting up a "who's a troll thread"

:eyebrow:

Just kidding of course.

Trolls? Who's a Troll? :D

Doc Intrepid:
It means that the poster is deliberately posting with the intent of causing hate and discontent: inciting arguments, baiting people, insulting them, or bringing up contentious issues to watch the resulting fireworks.

It isn't that contentious issues cannot be discussed in a civil manner. That's why the board exists. Rather, it isn't a matter of WHAT you say, so much as HOW you say it. (Just like your mother always told you.....) :)

No it's not...you're soooooooooooooooooo wrong. :11ztongue

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit: :wink:

gfisher4792:
Like they say, "Please Do Not Feed The Trools." :icon_roll
Thank goodness, i was worried about feeding the trolls there, trools can be a real PITA :wink:

Funny catch! I'll place the blame on getting used to FireFox.

On another note, I was curious if 'trool' was a word, and there is a "kinda" definition from urbandictionary.com:

1. Trool
A troll plus a tool.
Wow, that guy is a troll AND a tool, what a trool.
Source: Joe, Feb 28, 2004

Back
Top Bottom