What is there to do topside in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCollin:
Hmmm....might want to just go to cozumel than.....I dont want to leave them on shore doing nothing.
Thought about Curacao? Similar diving and lots more to do onshore. I don't thing GC has recovered enough yet to be an option for a non-diver, we were there pre-Ivan and did most of the non-diver interesting stuff in about a day and a half.

There's always Maui...

H2Andy:
i'm not sure the Caymans have quite yet recovered from the hit they took from
Ivan... though yes, pre-hurricane, they were a wonderful place to go, if on
the really pricey side
They are very much recovered and this is a chance to go there while there are no crowds. There is a site that posts current pictures and recent trip reports. Nice people there too:

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums

that's great to hear, divingkim. i take it you've been there recently? who
did you stay with? who did you go diving with? thanks!

H2Andy:
that's great to hear, divingkim. i take it you've been there recently? who
did you stay with? who did you go diving with? thanks!
Hi Andy. We stayed at a place called Coconut Bay. It's on the far end of Seven Mile Beach near the Turtle Farm, so there were no crowds, and it is one of the very few places that are right on an excellent dive site, I think it is northwest point or bonnies arch area. We dove with Neptunes Divers and they only had 4 other people besides me and my boyfriend the whole week. All the sites we went to were in fabulous condition. Big Tunnel, Trinity Caves, Eagle Ray Pass, Black Forest, Princess Penny, Orange Canyon. They were all beautiful and there were no crowds at all. It was like having the whole island to ourselves. It is a little expensive there, but the nice people and safety make it worthwhile for us. I hope you have a wonderful vacation wherever you decide.

cool, thank you!

actually, i've been to the Caymans twice, so it's time to try Roatan this year :wink:

Back
Top Bottom