Question What is the total weight of Halcyon Eclipse System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverPark

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi.
I am trying to find total weight of Halcyon Eclipse System that is configured as below.
In some web page, I found weight of each part. But, I can't find information if whole part.
Is there anyone can help my question??

This is configuration that I am trying to find total weight.

(1) wing size : 30lb, single wing
(2) Backplate : aluminum, including harness
(3) Weight pocket option : with ACB pocket
(4) STA weight options : STA without weight

Thank you.

According to my scale, that configuration with a few extras included on the Infinity version is 10.2 lb / 4.64 kg (dry). Maybe take off a pound to account for the backpad, strap pads, and cinch system.

Gotta ask: why so specific? As an engineer, I don't get why people get hung up on analytical weight calcs of gear (that usually don't account for buoyancy aspects which are arguably just as important) vs. simple empirical testing (get into a pool, etc.) that accounts for the entire system and provides real-time CG vs CB info. I see the logic for something like pre-flight aircraft weight & balance calcs, but that's because it's a lot tougher to do empirical testing. Apologies for the tangent, hope the number above is helpful.

Lance

Trying to figure out how much weight allowance is left over for clothes in a carryon or checked bag?
If you're running that tight, and need to optimize, maybe look into travel configuration that doesn't require an STA, and use cam bands with plastic buckles rather than stainless.

Trying to figure out how much weight allowance is left over for clothes in a carryon or checked bag?
If you're running that tight, and need to optimize, maybe look into travel configuration that doesn't require an STA, and use cam bands with plastic buckles rather than stainless.
I also prefer to use no STA: the tank is closer and streamlined. This is especially valid for 15 liters.
Moreover, cinch and others whistle and bells are no needed if you are packing for travel: you know which wetsuit you are going to use and so on. The less is better.

that's not possible with the eclipse as it has no slots for the cam bands

you have to go with the traveler pro to skip the sta

you have to go with the traveler pro to skip the sta
Or use a different brand that does have cam band slots. What's the availability over in East Asia for some of the more typically euro brands like Tecline/DirZone/Apeks? Xdeep should have decent retail availability, but same challenge with the lack of cam band slots and sta requirement, if thats at all interesting to the OP for weight saving.

at that point just buy a local brand in SK or a generic import, I doubt the euro brands have much of a dealer network for support in SK

According to my scale, that configuration with a few extras included on the Infinity version is 10.2 lb / 4.64 kg (dry). Maybe take off a pound to account for the backpad, strap pads, and cinch system.

Gotta ask: why so specific? As an engineer, I don't get why people get hung up on analytical weight calcs of gear (that usually don't account for buoyancy aspects which are arguably just as important) vs. simple empirical testing (get into a pool, etc.) that accounts for the entire system and provides real-time CG vs CB info. I see the logic for something like pre-flight aircraft weight & balance calcs, but that's because it's a lot tougher to do empirical testing. Apologies for the tangent, hope the number above is helpful.

Lance
Thank you for your kind reply.
As you mentioned, analytical weight may not matter.
Your information was very helpful for me. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom