What is the proper way to flush your wetsuit after you pee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend the pre-flush before you pee. Get your suit filled with water first, then the pee will dilute right away and will flush out easier. It's less likely to make the suit smell bad. You can pull open the neck and sleeve and ankle cuffs to get the water in and out. The upside down bubbles through the suit works good for a flush but be careful not to lose control of your bouyancy. Too much air in the suit will bring you up fast.

I never pee in my suit but this technique sounds good on paper, yeah?

I usually clean the suit later with wet suit shampoo distributed by Pacific Wilderness. It keeps the suit from smelling.

Shaka Doug:
I recommend the pre-flush before you pee. Get your suit filled with water first, then the pee will dilute right away and will flush out easier. It's less likely to make the suit smell bad. You can pull open the neck and sleeve and ankle cuffs to get the water in and out. The upside down bubbles through the suit works good for a flush but be careful not to lose control of your bouyancy. Too much air in the suit will bring you up fast.

I never pee in my suit but this technique sounds good on paper, yeah?

That does sound like a good idea, Doug. I'll try this, next time out.

Fish_Whisperer:
Jeez... MY wetsuit came equipped with a flush handle. :wazzup: :flush: :jester:
that's what I was thinking, if it doesn't have a flush handle you shouldn't be peeing in it at all :rofl3:

To go along with this- Isn't there a chance of getting critters in your wetsuit while flushing through the neck seal? Or am I just a wee bit paranoid?

Dunk your suit in a barrel of water 1/2 cup of detergent rinse fresh water hose. We do it everyday. Nobody, including the dog looks at us funny.
He sniffs everything so I guess it works.

I just keep a urinal cake clipped to my swim suit. After each dive I wash it with chlorox and sulfuric acid. Really no smell left after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom