What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK,......After reading 221 of these, I gotta say that the strangest thing that I have found underwater was diving an oil rig in Texas, I ventured a little ways off of the rig. I saw something in the sand that kind of resembled part of an anchor so I went to investigate. It turned out to be one of those concrete deer that people put in their yards.....20 miles offshore.

Spanish shipwreck artifacts for the Nuesta Senora del Pilar - sank off the southern tip of Guam in 1690

Were the toilet seats up or down? :)) Don't you hate it when the water just keeps on running...

Jtoor... Where's you come across that one? Story behind it?

On a wreck in gulf of mexico at 85 ft. I found a blue princeton tec 400 flashlight in perfect working order just like my daughter's flashlight.

Actually it was her exact flashlight lost of the earlier dive and not noted to be lost.

Another time , in a tubing river where the local floridian tubers prefer Bud Light beer, I ended up retrieving a total of 6 buds (none together) in different stages of cap rust and mostly without labels but all drinkable.

A friend to whom I lent a speargun had problem on way back to boat and he jettisoned wt. belt and lost speargun with it. I did a crescentic search pattern off the anchor line. In 72 ft. of water I not only recovered wt. belt and gun, but found a good quality 7 ft. saltwater rod with expensive spinning reel in perfect shape too. mk

Doc I'm pretty sure they wiped off the seat!

Happy Diving

Some of the strange things i've found underwater:
- paper money, not so strange really but always a welcome surprise
- one of those big AM/FM/Shortwave radios
- a motorized scooter out in the middle of a bay
- an ice-fishing pole with live Walleye still attached
- and the appliances; toaster, TV, blender, gas lanterns, gas grill ...

One of the coolest things i've seen that was found underwater was a small, all brass, signaling cannon discovered by a friend. A pretty excellent find.

John,

I bet that Walleye could tell some stories........."hey you should have seen the size of that fisherman that got away!"

Happy Diving

Tom Winters:
I was working for a Japanese dive company in Honolulu. I had descended to 100' off Waikiki with my four customers. I turned around and there next to me was the captain of the boat who had FREEDIVED to the bottom.
He waved and then casually returned to the surface. Not having any eardrums made it easy enough for him to go that deep quickly.

I dont undertstand and want to. What do you "Not having any eardrums made it easy enough for him to go that deep quickly". I understand popping your eardrums and all,, so if you could please explain i would really appreciate it, also i dont get many chances to go online for long,, if you could email me at litljay@hotmail.com
thanks

The weirdest thing I've ever found underwater is on the Black Bart off Panama City Beach. Some pranksters have chained a fake plastic skeleton up in the wheelhouse and put a mask and snorkel on him. It's designed to scare divers who go there for their open water certs. :)

Back
Top Bottom