What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found, with the help of the DM, my 20 pound weight belt that I had dropped while exiting the water and climbing a ladder on board outside Freeport, Grand Bahamas (YES, the belt was faulty).

Luckily, no one was beheaded:D

Kevin

"Treibolschalter" Literally means "push-up switch" So I'm guessing it has something to do with the depth guage??

Actually I have a great U-Boat simulator game Silent Hunter III that might show a "Treibolschalter" in the control room. I'll take a look.

You're lucky to be able to get inside it. Not too many people can say that!

Barracuda2:
The word "treibol" has 2 dots above the "o". Does that make a difference in translation? Dang, I wish I knew how to post photos. I tried yesterday and couldn't get it to work. I'm doing something wrong.

I figured as much, it means fuel oil switch, trust me I'm german and I double checked on google.de to make sure . There were some close guesses tho'!

KMan.......I've actually seen one fly by me while diving. That would hurt if it hit you!

Happy Diving

Down rigger ball attached to the rest of the down-rigger (had to follow the line to find the rest). I would love to hear the fishing story about the catch that pulled that off the boat.

Moose I would love to hear also..............if you do please let us know.

Happy Diving

I found two shiny quarters that from a distance and 80 feet I must have thought where gold because I swam with all my might to get them as fast as I possibly could. Once I realized I had found fifty cents I couldn’t decide if I felt foolish or happy to find something.

The oddest I can't realy say (probably a used condom or so), but I can tell you what pissed me off the most.

Car batteries, spark plugs, empty paint cans and other chemicals, rubble from construction sites, drained motor oil in bottles, plastic bags and other household waste, end so on end so on. I worked as an instructor in Malta once, and I've seen it all and on every dive! And then the Maltese are stupid enough to wonder why there's almost no seahorses in their sea anymore, and why there are no dolphins around Malta anymore, and why...

I have never dived in a country that polutes his sea so much, and does almost nothing to prevent it from happening. Unless you like wreck diving I don't think you'll enjoy diving in Malta. There's not so much wildlife anymore in their sea. And to know that they're an EU member state, one should expect more from such a country.

Back
Top Bottom