What is the funniest/strangest item you have found underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found an old scuba tank w/ harness and regulator buried in sand off of the Elbow in the Keys. The butt of the tank was 1/2 buried and I thought at first it was a pipe of some type.

We took it back to my LDS at the time and had the shop owner clean it up. The regulator was an old Healthways w/ just a primary and an SPG. There was also a harness still attached.

This rig still sits in DiversCity, USA in Key Largo :)

dollar bills, sunglasses, aluminum folding chairs, once I found a lure that led to a down rigger weight that led to a pole that led to the down rigger and the piece of boat that it was attached to before the wieght got caught in the rocks. Once when diving near a pier I saw a rubber worm being reeled in in front of me so I took a hold of it and swam to the west then to the east gently tugging on it - I did this for five minutes and then let go, soon afterward I surfaced and you could see this ten year old kid all excited about the one that got away, my only regret was after letting go I found a old tennis shoe I wish I had put on the hook!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:jester:

15 years ago when I started diving I found an old front loaded cannon outside Malta Island. I got very excited - of course. The DM didn't bother. Later he said there are plenty of them around the island. I have found two dive lights the last year. One was still on?!

Asta1227 once bubbled...
I found an old scuba tank w/ harness and regulator buried in sand off of the Elbow in the Keys. The butt of the tank was 1/2 buried and I thought at first it was a pipe of some type.

We took it back to my LDS at the time and had the shop owner clean it up. The regulator was an old Healthways w/ just a primary and an SPG. There was also a harness still attached.

This rig still sits in DiversCity, USA in Key Largo :)

That's pretty brave. Whenever I see fishing lures go by I get kind of nervous. I've thought about grabbing them... but the thought of a hook being set into my fingers if I don't grab it juuuuuust right makes me a little wary.:eek:ut:

While chasing a 10 foot sand tiger shark with my video camera around the wreck of the Atlas I found a mask and snorkle. The next dive I wore it because it seemed more comforable than the one I had. In the 10 years since I probably have 500 dives on it and even though I do have the mask buying gene I still like this one best.

Off Boynton Beach earlier this year, we found a pelvic bone. I thought we should bring it up -- its owner might not be missing it, but someone might be missing its owner -- but the charter boat captain wouldn't let us bring it aboard. I have a photo of it somewhere, though.

I still wonder whether it was a human pelvis. Most medical opinions of the photo is that it "probably" was!

in that case my answer would have to be...

ME!

:D

barb once bubbled...

Are you trying to tell us you found a dead diver or were you so narced out that you found your buddy and did'nt recognize him as that?

It was a diver who went missing 6 years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom