What is the easiest way to get on a Mares Isotherm Semidry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjbfl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got a Mares isotherm semidry suit. I've never used anything but a basic wetsuit before. It is really easy to get in and out of the legs and armsof the semidry..and pretty easy to get my head through the neck seal when I put the suit on...but it sure seems hard to get my head back out taking off the suit! Any clues? Thanks!

lemme guess...it feels like its ripping your face off when you take off the neck seal? I just got one a couple weeks ago, haven't figured out any trick to it other than holding it open with both hands and making sure I get my nose through first. I guess its something I can live with since its a really warm suit. Let us know how you like it, what kind of temps do you normally dive?

Since there are a couple of version of Mares Semi's I will assume that you have the one with the dry zip across the shoulders. With mine I just grab the zipper, duck my head and pull the zipper over. All in one motion with no problems.

Yes, that was the feeling.
To answer your question about temps diving...I am planning to use this suit to dive in the Gulf during the winter. We go out of Clearwater/Tarpon Springs.

My wife & I both have the older style Mares semi-dry suit, I have no problem pulling off over head, I have pretty short hair & do a quick pull off. My wife had longer hair & was always fighting it. She cut her hair & it is easier for her.
I have dove mine in 42 degree water, but now that I have a drysuit it doesn't see those temps anymore.

A braid works great for longer hair. Never had that problem but have seen it done.

I have absolutely no idea if this would work, but it might be worth considering. When doning my wetsuits, I use a plastic shopping bag over my feet and lower calves which makes slipping the wetsuit on a sinch! Could this be used with the semi-dry over your head? I believe the colar isn't the same material as a wetsuit (it's rubber isn't it?), but could it work? Obviously, If you try it, please do it carefully and with somebody to supervise/ assist in case you get stuck, so you don't suffocate.

This might be lowsy advice (take it for what it's worth), but I am just trying to help out with a trick that works for another circumstance (wetsuits).

Good luck!:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom