What is the best liveaboard in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Batfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I don't want any arguments here, but I am very interested as a local PADI Instructor and liveaboard agent to hear your opinions. If you have been on a liveaboard recently and had a great experience, let the world know! Give us some details about the divemasters, the food, the boat, the crew. We already know the diving is good :), but what really made your trip special??

IMHO, I think Aqua-I is the best liveabroad boat in Thailand. The dive masters, the food are way above expectation. From what I heard, the cook was hired away from a 4-star hotel restaurant. And I think the word "luxery" can be applied here without blushing. You get your own bathroom, inside your bedroom, which is more than I can say for others. If you are interested in underwater photography, there is a big chance, that Nut Sumontami (I may spell his name incorrect, but this is the way it is pronounced) will be on board too. (He is the best or among the top best of the country photograper) It probably is the only boat now that carries nitrox compressor on board and also water salination machine, hope I get the grammar correct.
The only catch for the members here maybe the fact that this boat is owned by 2 Thai brothers. whose education was done in England and the US.

Hope you guys have a chance to be on this boat, then we can compare notes.

Scuba734

What's the problem with the fact that the boat is owned by two Thai brothers who were educated in the West?

Does the Aqua-1 have a web site?

Regards

Welshman,
Could be that I am paranoid, since I have hardly seen any mention of the Thai boat, also since I am rather new to this web, so I wasn't sure whether it is allowed or not to promote something owned by the "local".
And if you have seen their web, I guess you can understand my confusion, of why such a boat has never been paised or mentioned here.
To tell the truth the price of the boat is also a bit too high for "ordinary" Thai, only rich Thai can afford to go. I think, about 90-95% of theri customers are foreigners.
Sorry, if my last comment sounds too aggressive.
:bonk:

Scuba734

I don't think anyone has a problem with you as a Thai recommending a boat owned by Thais - if you were one of the Thai owners and didn't "declare your interest" things might be different.

I didn't find a specific website for Aqua-1 but it's listed on one of the liveaboard sites next to Ocean Rover. It looks like a very nice boat.

As a fan of and frequent visitor to your lovely country I look forward to our next trip over there!

regards

Back
Top Bottom