What is the best full face mask (FFM)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys

Would it be possible to post some pics of the various FFM options available?

TIA
Sp00nman

I Love my Kirby morgan exo 26 its not really designed for recreational use but works great for any situation, find one for 400-1000 bucks

I know that this is going to sound a bit silly but if all you need is a little warmth, here's what we did in the old days in the arctic: We cut and glued a piece of neoprene that covered out mouth and went around the back of our head. This covered all the skin under our mask down to our chin. We cut a hole in it and pushed our regulator mouthpiece through it. This was really quite warm, it did slow down initializing air sharing, so that needed to be drilled and worked out.

I used the IDI copy of the Poseidon FFM (also sold at one time by ScubaPro) under the arctic ice. It works real well for warmth but is not suitable for communications gear.

The EXO and AGA masks would be the best way to go to meet all your requirements. Both were made to be used surface supplied so you can have a second air source attached to the mask so it does not need to be removed if you have to go to your bail out. They were also made to accommodate surface supplied communications but I do not know what is available as far as non surface communications.

i am in the market for a fullface mask right now i currently have a oceanreef neptune 2 it isnt bad but i tried the kirby morgan exo and there is nothing else like it which is probably why all kirby morgan products are highly sought after by many navies around the world.
from what i understand kirby morgan products are designed to the most rigerous standards. Trust me once you try one you will never want to go back.

I have the oceanreef and really like it. As with all equipment try and buy what you like. Most important issue if you haven't used a full face mask before is get training and get used to the mask in a controlled environment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom