What is the best dive computer for under $300?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used the Mares Puck Air for a little while now, which comes in at $299. If you want air-integrated, it's a good little starter computer.

I have been looking at dive computers and am going to purchase one. I am new to diving and won't be doing anything advanced for a while but would definitely like to pursue that in the next year or so. With that being said, I want to get a computer that I will be able to keep and use for those things and not just get a simple computer for now. I have gotten reccomendations for the mares puck and the cressie leonardo dive computer and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on those, or if there was another one around these price ranges that I could look at. I want to spend the least amount possible, but I want to make sure I get a quality computer.

These two models you mentioned are perfect for the beginners. I used Mares Puck for couple of years and it never failed me. You may consider Suunto ZOOP, but this dive computer doesn't have backlight, as I remember, so you need to light up its phosphoresent display to stay visible. You may compare dive computers at this place and pick up exactly what you want : http://www.dive-computer-wizard.com/

I have been looking at dive computers and am going to purchase one. I am new to diving and won't be doing anything advanced for a while but would definitely like to pursue that in the next year or so. With that being said, I want to get a computer that I will be able to keep and use for those things and not just get a simple computer for now.
The SubGear XP-10, previously the Scubapro Prime, is a very powerful dive computer w/in your price range.

When you are ready to upgrade you can use it as a backup.

Don't know about what is best but have a look at Scubapro (uwatec) Aladin 2G.
I just ordered me one last week for 230€ (around 300$). Haven't received it yet but looks nice on paper, does 2 gases (21-100%), has gauge mode also. I'm going to get DSS bungee mount for it.
Looks almost identical to previously mentioned SubGear XP-10.

The Scubapro 2G is an excellent dive computer. It is similar to the XP-10. Both use the popular ZHL8 ADT MB algorithm.

As Samppa mentioned the 2G does 2 gases with its Predictive Multi-Gas (PMG) and has a gauge mode.

It also has an Apnea mode and Altimeter.
Furthermore, the Aladin 2G offers Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops ( PDIS ) also referred as deep stops.

Both are excellent choices, it just depends on which one fits your needs. They are both made by Uwatec.

And that's under $300?

I dont know what they ask for it in US but I found online store in Germany that sells it for 230€, almost exactly 300$ with current rates.
Cheapest 2 gas computer I could find. I hope it's good quality also...we'll see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom