What is Orange with Blue spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spt29970

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A juvenile Garabaldi of course! This was taken off of the rock quarry on Catalina Island this last weekend. I do a trip to Catalina each April, and I have been looking for really small Garabaldi, but the youngest ones I find are always about this size. I wonder when they hatch? My guess is it is sometime in Jan or Feb. Click on the image for more details

hey steve, nice to see you diving down here in our area...

the small ones are definitely around, but they like particular habitats...

here's ones from may 6th, august 1st, august 30th, and nov 20th respectively. Let me know when you're down here again. - Scott

150245300_e5YT6-M.jpg

179810912_pPq37-M.jpg

190670129_rC7Sf-M.jpg

421631722_aU9oQ-M.jpg

Steve and Scott, those are terrific shots. We usually go on the Vision the first week of August and there are always lots of the little Juvies around, as well as the adolescents.

Here are some of my older attempts. The first is from the back side of Anacapa in Nov 2006. It is much younger and has more blue/cyan.

The second is from my Catalina trip in April last year.

Back
Top Bottom