What is Blackwater Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The article was written based on interviews I did with a few people in our local dive community that regularly do blackwater dives. I've not done one yet but that will change tonight. :)

Hope your first blackwater dive went well, I'm guessing with Walker's Dive Charters since it was on a Wednesday? You've got more guts than I do to write an article about a subject without trying it first.

There's a great blog post on blackwater photography from the pros at Reef Photo here. Definitely worth a read for anyone considering trying this challenging type of photography.

Lance

Hope your first blackwater dive went well
It was awesome. Yes, it was with Walkers. Both they and Puravida run blackwater dives and I would recommend either of them to someone wanting to experience a blackwater dive.

I've already updated the article a bit but I'll be adding more this week.

My biggest takeaway - other than ZOMG this is cool - is that I've got to upgrade my camera gear. :)

Cool article. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers!
=C=

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom