What is all this stuff and i shove that Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jakoman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, Firstly this may be in the wrong place. Sorry if it is, but here goes. I have never dived, but was asked by a close family friend (babysat me as baby) if i could sell her late husbands diving stuff. He bought everything, took class, discovered he could not wear fins(old work injury made too painfull) and it has been sitting since. He was not cheap, he bought good stuff but I cant find values for it. She is a retired teacher living on a budget, and I am not taking anything except the costs I pay for(getting the tanks certified/serviced). Where should i ask, I mainly dont want to shell out 250 to service everything if it is only worth 200. Or sell for 200 when it is a 2k set.. If anyone is interested or knows someone that might be and is in San Diego area(so long as it doesn't break any site rules) PM me, could be a good deal(seeing that we dont have any idea if it all is worth anything)

Thanks for your responses Scuba collage.jpgbcd.jpgtank top.jpg
DOT E9791-2500 TP5250
both tanks same, the exemption i think is still valid, I drained tanks yesturday to take to get tested next weekend.

The dive computer is Suunto Air Favor Lux
Stage 1 mares MR22 Titanium
Stage 2 Mares Abyss Titanium
I did connect it all together and inflate/deflate the vest, they wouldn't let me dunk myself in the hot tub with it though

Last edited:
Well, unfortunately, used scuba gear is not worth very much, and old, used scuba gear is worth even less. You could certainly take photos of the stuff he has and put them up here, and let folks look at them and see if there is any interest in anything he had. Otherwise, putting it all together and putting a low lump sum on it in your local Craig's List may be a way to clear it out.

I would not have anything serviced. It will not increase the value anything close to the cost of service.

Some old scuba gear is worth little more than its salvage weight (old aluminum tanks). Other gear, if it is the more desirable model, is well worth the effort of selling it. If you can post pictures (you may not be able to as a new member) do so and you will get input and maybe some offers. If not, I will PM you my email address and you can send pics to me for posting.

Here are some pictures. Looks like pretty good gear.Scuba collage.jpg

Jakoman - You may want to talk about the tanks and the BCD.

Includes tanks that are steel 3500 psi - somebody please help him find the size marking. Also includes a Black Diamond BCD - folks will want to know the size.

Good luck.

That's tough.

Jakoman, did you send pics of the tanks' shoulder markings? If not, you could write what the markings say and we could interpret them for you.

Good luck!

I have shots of the tanks, I looked them up once. I will post in a little bit. As far as the bcd I have to check what shots i got. I think it is an early black diamond but could be wrong it has a generic SeaQuest manuel.
tank top.jpg
I have to take a better shot of the bcd

Reactions: Jax
Good regulator.

These are the BCD, the crotch male end has a broken clip.(there has to be a less painfull sounding way of saying that. Otherwise it looks ok.bcd.jpg

I have shots of the tanks, I looked them up once. I will post in a little bit. As far as the bcd I have to check what shots i got. I think it is an early black diamond but could be wrong it has a generic SeaQuest manuel.
View attachment 115729
I have to take a better shot of the bcd

Yeah, I think you will need to write down the letters and numbers -- cannot really tell from the pic.

Back
Top Bottom