what is a "european rate"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starfish

Contributor
Reaction score
Any one know what a "European Rate" is in regard to hotel costs?

Originally posted by Starfish
Any one know what a "European Rate" is in regard to hotel costs?

I've not entirely sure, a little more of the context might be helpful. If I was to guess, perhaps it's actually "Euro Rate", in that they are telling you it's the rate in the Euro currency, rather than the local currency.

That actually reminds me of an alternate question... Last time I was in Europe, the Euro existed, but only in electronic form. Is their Euro currency yet, or is it still local currency? [More a question of curiosity rather than necessity, as my layover is actually going to be in my destination country this time!!]

Hotel Baracuda list their rates as, "european PLAN" sorry about that.
Apparently it means hotel rate only no meals????

Originally posted by blawler1
You're right. European plan means room only.
How ironic...every European hotel I've stayed in provided a sumptuous breakfast. American hotels rarely do (or maybe what they do offer is so pathetic that it doesn't even register).

Funky_Monks

The Euro is a reality everywhere except the UK. All the countries have different designs on the coins notes etc but a Euro issued by Sapin is good in Germany and so on. Local currencies such as the Dmark, Franc, Peseta etc have ceased to exist.

Originally posted by Welshman
The Euro is a reality everywhere except the UK

Thanks. I knew the Euro was coming, but when I was in europe it was still only electronic. I actually made the assumption that the euro was official hard currency now, as I couldn't find the exchange rates for any of the EU country's currencies.

thanks for the confirmation though!

Jeff

Pleased to be of assistance. Good time to go to Europe as the Euro is a weak currency so $ probably go further.

regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom