What I Thought Of Scuba Diving In The Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The colder water temperatures requiring my use of a dry suit over multiple dive days which resulted in bruising and irritation along my neck and wrists where the dry suit seals are.

Hi Cleung,

I just got back from the Galapagos in August, and was VERY glad I had my dry suit! On my first many-dive trip with a dry suit, I also had neck irritation from the seal. Someone recommended putting a small amount of K-Y jelly on my neck beforehand, and I've never had an issue again. Well... no issues if you don't include the comments from other divers about the extra large tube of lube in my dive tub :wink:

I hope that helps! Diving in the Galapagos is amazing, and it is a shame when little irritants get in the way of enjoyment!

--Thumbsplitter

Hi Cleung,

I just got back from the Galapagos in August, and was VERY glad I had my dry suit! On my first many-dive trip with a dry suit, I also had neck irritation from the seal. Someone recommended putting a small amount of K-Y jelly on my neck beforehand, and I've never had an issue again. Well... no issues if you don't include the comments from other divers about the extra large tube of lube in my dive tub :wink:

I hope that helps! Diving in the Galapagos is amazing, and it is a shame when little irritants get in the way of enjoyment!

--Thumbsplitter

I saw the divemaster who was also in a dry suit apply some lip balm to the back of his neck.

Back
Top Bottom