What I recently saw in Bonaire was shocking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUE has obviously taken over Bonaire . . . :D

He didn't mention that they were concerned with matching their underwear or making 6 stops on their ascent from 30ft. He might have missed that, though :wink:

any explanation as to why it isn't safe?
It isn't unsafe. It just isn't ideal for them. I dive a dimension i3 and while I loved it when I got it you will start to see some issues with it when you have been diving it for a while. However there are people on the board who make every confiuration other then their own into some sort of absurd "oh my god it will kill you" rhetoric. Which was what RJP was making fun of.

I nominate this to be the the most fun thread on SB at the moment!

Guys, you are missing the obvious. Its the orientation dive required of all visiting divers on Bonaire!:D

But I looked so much cooler and had much higher self-esteem!

---------- Post added January 9th, 2015 at 04:16 PM ----------

warning_20130423105912.jpg

:shocked2: No wonder they say scuba is dangerous.

I spent a week diving all over the island back in December. During that week I saw hundreds of divers who...

1. Were not bouncing off the bottom
  2. Did not drag their regs and gauges across the reef
  3. Stayed with the buddy
  4. Monitored their gas supply
  5. Were able to put their gear together
  6. Generally seemed to be fairly skilled divers

From what I observed I can only conclude that these people must have received pretty effective instruction at some point in time.

Just thought that ScubaBoarders would find it interesting that this sort of thing goes on - in the real world - all the time.

:cool2:

Did you check to see whether that Nitrox fill for your SpareAir wasn't really Nitrous Oxide instead?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom