What Happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There was a time when ScubaBoard was constantly being updated and new threads were being posted at an astounding rate. Now, it seems there are mostly readers and a few people posting. What happened to make this site slow down? Thoughts?

Firebrand

I am working on some posts as of late. Busy fighting fires in a different forum as well my friend.

Well. I'm not sure what happened! We were doing a brisk 1200+ posts/day back in January and now we are only doing a paltry 1400+ posts/day! That's more than most forums do in an entire month! :D

But if you do have any suggestions to make the site better, I am ALL EARS (not like Prince Charles is all ears, mind you :wink: ).

As a newbie on here, I can offer my insight. I am/would be very leery of starting a thread because most people only respond to tell you to search. I know some questions get annoying to hear over and over again like "what BC/regs should I buy" and things like that. I am still searching to try and find an answer before I post the question I have.

gecko2gecko:
most people only respond to tell you to search

not most, but enough to make it frustrating

i hear you.. this is one of my pet peeves. gotta shrug it off... every community
has its... er.... less than friendly elements :wink:

H2Andy:
not most, but enough to make it frustrating

i hear you.. this is one of my pet peeves. gotta shrug it off... every community
has its... er.... less than friendly elements :wink:

Yeah, I hear ya. I just thought I'd share my own impression. Perhaps I should just post a thread not looking for my answer, but only asking for advice on what I should use to search with in order to find what I am looking for. :06: I bet that would be a real hit! I know what you mean though.

gecko2gecko:
Yeah, I hear ya. I just thought I'd share my own impression. Perhaps I should just post a thread not looking for my answer, but only asking for advice on what I should use to search with in order to find what I am looking for. :06: I bet that would be a real hit! I know what you mean though.

I thought this was an active forum! I guess I haven't been on enough sites! I like reading the stories and comments however...

gecko3s:
At the risk of going a bit overboard...I think this sums it up nicely.... This is NSFW so pay attention when you open it ;-).

Posting and you

The funny piece about that is that I worked for the Office of Children and Family Services this summer....I had to laugh when I saw the Human services ....I'm also pretty sure I just hijacked the thread....SORRY!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom