Suggestion What Happened to the Nikon Niche?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you'll like it but I found your answer HERE .

I'm with Bob...not happy and feeling dissed.

I have to say that I've not even glanced in the other manufacturer-specific subforums.

All the best, James

fdog:
I have to say that I've not even glanced in the other manufacturer-specific subforums.

I think a lot of people are like this. I know I liked having everyone in the main forum - I learn a lot from all users!

If some information is brand specific an easy preface in the thread title like "Nikon" or "Sony" or "Fuji" etc would make it easy to find for those interested. JMHO

I wonder if all the manufacturer forums should be back in the main forum, that would be more fair than having subforums for some and not for others. If there is a specific question or post on a camera I don't own I would just skip that thread. I don't have a problem not having an OLY forum.

It's a simple matter of volume -- we try to separate any subjects that have a lot of activity but we can't possibly have a subforum for everything, especially if there isn't a lot going on in those forums. I understand it seems unfair for one manufacturer to have a forum while another doesn't but it really isn't about us liking one company more than another, it's about how many people use them. For example, let's say there is a speciality company, call them XYZ, which 3 people on the board use. Do we create a subforum for them? Probably not. In the end the number of forums is a balancing act -- if we have too many subforums it makes it hard to get to the main forum but at the same time if there is a lot going on in one subject, a subforum is needed. This is all about balance -- today the Nikon niche doesn't make a lot of sense, in a month that might change.

Still not thrilled about removing the Nikon forum - it was fairly new but...........

Becky

Well I'll be sure to put it back up for discussion, thanks for the input.

<Sigh> It is a pity if the Neanderthals have to go extinct again. Especially since there seemed to be a fair number of D70/100 and Coolpix users to keep us going. I had no problem navigating to the main forum and did not think the subs had become a distraction. Thank you for giving us a fair hearing TA. Although I hope you find a way, I will submit to your ultimate decision.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom