What Happened to LCScuba.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d@n

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anybody know what happened to LCScuba.com?

Used to be a pretty good site, I'm glad I downloaded all the Apeks manuals while I had the chance!

Yeah...was deepsouthdivers.org for a while or at least redirected to there...looks like its down now. Well wreckmaniac.com is looking pretty good :)

Dale (aka wreck maniac)
:scubadive

dwright:
Yeah...was deepsouthdivers.org for a while or at least redirected to there...looks like its down now. Well wreckmaniac.com is looking pretty good :)

Dale (aka wreck maniac)
:scubadive

The server crashed. It should be back up soon! Do check out the wreckmaniac site too.

We are putting our site on a new server. Keep in touch though, it'll be up soon. R

DivemasterSteve:
thanks darlin for letting us know. please say hi to Seajay for us.

steve

I certainly will. Hey, what are some good diving spots in your area? R

Actually the rockdivers quarry is a bit on the shallow side (approx 40-45 feet max depth) and it warms up very nicely top to bottom in the summer. Blue Water (divealabama.com) will hit 84 on the surface and still be in the 70s down to 60-70 feet at the height of the summer. But Diveland is the cold cousin of the three, with a bottom temp of 48 and only a relatively shallow thermocline in the summertime.

Cheers,
BD

DivemasterSteve:
i live right outside of Birmingham and there are 2 quarries within an hour or so from here. there is a 3rd one further up north, it is
http://www.rockdivers.com/scuba_home.htm

the 2 closest to me are http://www.headsouth.com/diveland/index.html and http://www.divealabama.com/

the only bad part about all 3 of those, they are all cold water even in the summer. :)

steve

you might be right sir, its been over 5 years since i have been in Blue Water or Diveland Park. i have never been to the other one but i have a good friend that dives up there several times each summer. i only have about 8 dives in Diveland but in Blue Water, i probably have at least 80 or more dives there. back when i was going there all the time, it was open all year and i was new and loved having a place that close to go. i dont ever remember it being that warm but like i say, its been so long i might have just forgot the warm times there. :)

thanks,
steve

edited to add this... i just looked in my log book and you are right sir. in August of 96 i found several dives that i made where the water was in the mid 80's.

Back
Top Bottom