What gives with Dive Rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok....Here goes my rave.
If anyone has any info to dispute what I say, I would be glad to see it.

Here's the thing....I would love to have a LED light, and Dive Rite makes one of the best for the money if not THE best.

Why are they selling the 300 Lumen light for the same money as the 500 Lumen light?

I asked scuba.com if they would be discounting the 300 light soon, and their reply was that they would,as soon as Dive Rite discounts it to them.

How can I blame them? I think that it's crap that Dive Rite has put out a light that is exactly the same as the 300 light, but now has a rating of 500 Lumens, and is the same money as the 300 light.

If they are going to introduce the 500 light now, then they should offer a discount to their dealers to sell the 300 light at a reduced price, or an increased price for the 500 light.

If I can get a 500 Lumen light for the same money as the 300 light, why would I buy a 300 Lumen light?

All the Dive Rite dealers are sitting on a bunch of 300 Lumen lights, when the 500 Lumen light is now available for the same money!

All input welcome.......

I thought I would throw my two cents in here. The 500lumen LED has been out for about 4 months. It is as bright as a 10 watt hid with longer burn time, this is my opinion I am sure you can look up the technical specs somewhere. The 300lumen version has not been sold since the 500lumen came out. We had the 300lumen on closeouts originally for $250.00 once the new 500lumen came out. In my opinion buy the 500lumen the output is great, the beam pattern is good and having the flexibility of handheld or canister it really nice. The one thing that is also is nice is you turn the light on via the head so if you are a rebreather diver or just want to put the small canister out of the way you still have the ability to turn it one with ease.

See ya John
Scuba diving lessons, scuba diving gear equipment, technical diving gear equipment, oms

It pays to do your research ... imagine buying a 300 and finding-out there's also a 500 for the same price. Welcome to the computer and digital camera industry.

Are the specs for real? The DR site claims 12 hours at full capacity [i.e. 500 lumens] using 1.5V AA batteries. By comparison, I have a SureFire [non-underwater flashlight] that has a 5W LED and uses 2 x 3V lithiums ... at 100 lumens on fresh batteries, it will maintain 100 lumens for a mere 20 minutes. The 500 lumen DR light is 5x brighter and runs infinitely longer on less power? Hmmmmm. Am I missing something ...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom