What gives with Dive Rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP4AIR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok....Here goes my rave.
If anyone has any info to dispute what I say, I would be glad to see it.

Here's the thing....I would love to have a LED light, and Dive Rite makes one of the best for the money if not THE best.

Why are they selling the 300 Lumen light for the same money as the 500 Lumen light?

I asked scuba.com if they would be discounting the 300 light soon, and their reply was that they would,as soon as Dive Rite discounts it to them.

How can I blame them? I think that it's crap that Dive Rite has put out a light that is exactly the same as the 300 light, but now has a rating of 500 Lumens, and is the same money as the 300 light.

If they are going to introduce the 500 light now, then they should offer a discount to their dealers to sell the 300 light at a reduced price, or an increased price for the 500 light.

If I can get a 500 Lumen light for the same money as the 300 light, why would I buy a 300 Lumen light?

All the Dive Rite dealers are sitting on a bunch of 300 Lumen lights, when the 500 Lumen light is now available for the same money!

All input welcome.......

Sorry...looks like my links didn't work. Yes, the advertised times are the same.

All the Dive Rite dealers are sitting on a bunch of 300 Lumen lights...

I strongly doubt this. I've never even seen a 300 lumen (or a 500) at a Dive Rite dealer.

The 300 light is no longer made- just the 500. So if your shop still sells them at the same price buy a 500. As the DR site explains the technology has advanced and the 500 is now the standard- if your shop was overstocked on 300 lights its their job to sell them not DR's. Retail price is determined by the shop not DR.

(I am a DR dealer)

Ok....Here goes my rave.
If anyone has any info to dispute what I say, I would be glad to see it.

Here's the thing....I would love to have a LED light, and Dive Rite makes one of the best for the money if not THE best.

Why are they selling the 300 Lumen light for the same money as the 500 Lumen light?

I asked scuba.com if they would be discounting the 300 light soon, and their reply was that they would,as soon as Dive Rite discounts it to them.

How can I blame them? I think that it's crap that Dive Rite has put out a light that is exactly the same as the 300 light, but now has a rating of 500 Lumens, and is the same money as the 300 light.

If they are going to introduce the 500 light now, then they should offer a discount to their dealers to sell the 300 light at a reduced price, or an increased price for the 500 light.

If I can get a 500 Lumen light for the same money as the 300 light, why would I buy a 300 Lumen light?

All the Dive Rite dealers are sitting on a bunch of 300 Lumen lights, when the 500 Lumen light is now available for the same money!

All input welcome.......

What you are saying is correct DR is now selling a 500Lumen version of the 300Lumen identical in every way except >200 brighter. I dont mean to be rude but Im not sure what your problem is, if you want to buy one get the 500 at a great price i.e the same as the lesser model. sounds like a good deal. And as has been said before yes this happens all the time in this and most other industries its does suck especially if a week before the 500 came out you bought a 300 for the same amount of money but thats just the way it sometimes works unfortunately there is not a lot you can do about it except stop buying dive equipment.:wink: And as was also said this is not DR this is the retailers if you look at the DR web site they no longer stock, adverstise or sell the 300 so its up to the dealers who have stock to do something about the price if they wish to move that stock, wait a month or so and i imagine most dealers still holding the 300 will discount it...:)

This change from the 300 to the 500 light was a "running change" for Dive Rite. All companies do this quite often, but I will admit that Dive Rite seems more prone to this practice then most in our industry.

Don't blame your dealer is he/she has a 300 or doesn't know about the difference. This dealer communication on this one was pretty weak.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom