What gives? Closing/deleting threads, removing accounts etc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the idea being we will forget about it and not notice it never comes back?
Dude, such baseless accusations are absurd. FWIW, your break gets less "clean" the more you continue posting. :rofl3: I think ScubaSteve has it figured out.

I seem to vaguely recall that threads used to be locked and a mod notice appended while the thread was being cleaned up, but a software upgrade made this technically less convenient. The latest software upgrade wouldn't have made this practical again, would it?

And the idea being we will forget about it and not notice it never comes back?

LOL. Conspiracy theory abounds. Silly

I seem to vaguely recall that threads used to be locked and a mod notice appended while the thread was being cleaned up, but a software upgrade made this technically less convenient. The latest software upgrade wouldn't have made this practical again, would it?

Nope. Cody, it's you. They are picking on you.

:D :rofl3: :popcorn:

FWIW, it seems like the mods take a LOT more time and care to clean up incident and accident threads due to their sensitive nature.

It's not a software issue.

It varies with the length of the thread and the amount of cleanup required. Threads that require very little time will usually just get locked while the cleanup takes place. If it's going to be intensive we remove it from view. Two reasons for doing so, is that it may not get worked on straight through, and if people can still see it we start getting complaints about "how come my post was deleted, but XXXXX got to stay?" A second reason is that if it stays in view, some people capture quotes to use in the thread again later and we end up right back where we started.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is a site feedback forum. NOT a place to re-initiate a closed thread discussion. Several off-topic posts removed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom