What gave you the itch or motivation to take up diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stretchthepenn-- Your blinding speed of the "double nickel" (beware of Smokey) was the "national" speed limit back then. Silly, wasn't it?

I never had any interest.. then I bought a house with a pool. Some guests broke the drain covers and I needed to replace them. Pool guys wanted a few hundred bucks to install a $10 part with two phillips head screws, and a friend said "hey I got some scuba gear at my house, let's just do it ourselves".

The pool guy would have been far far FAR cheaper in the end, but it sure has been fun!

I never had any interest.. then I bought a house with a pool. Some guests broke the drain covers and I needed to replace them. Pool guys wanted a few hundred bucks to install a $10 part with two phillips head screws, and a friend said "hey I got some scuba gear at my house, let's just do it ourselves".

The pool guy would have been far far FAR cheaper in the end, but it sure has been fun!
You mean you actually went on scuba with no official training???? My freind who was a diver (OW I think) taught his wife the basics once (years ago). She said he said "Here, put this thing in your mouth and breathe".

My older brother joined the US Air Force and brought back two spear guns from Athens. My brother and I aged 14 and 15 started spearfishing and it kind of took off from there.

My love of diving started over 50 years ago and continues today. Now at age 72 I am still enjoying the incredible underwater world that New Zealand has to offer.

You mean you actually went on scuba with no official training???? My friend who was a diver (OW I think) taught his wife the basics once (years ago). She said he said "Here, put this thing in your mouth and breathe".
Yup. I lived. I took a scuba class a few months later.

Cheap airfare to Malaysia and a two week stay on Pulao Tioman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom