What first stage can you use with Poseidon Odins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/poseidon/454599-regulator-list.html for a discussion of Poseidon regs and IP settings.

The short answer to your question is that you can use your Odins/Jetstreams with your own first stage. NO PROBLEM. The correct IP for the Poseidon is 123-130 psi at full tank pressures. The quoted 140 psi comes from the two step tuning process which Poseidon specifies, in which the IP is first adjusted at 300 psi supply pressure to 140 IP, and then fine tuned at 3000-4350 psi supply pressure to 123-130 psi final IP. It's an old historic practice dating from the unbalanced early diaphragms, which would have a much lower IP at a full tank. They didn't want the IP set to 140 with a full tank, and have excessive IP as tank emptied. That's not an issue with the balanced first stages, nor likely an issue with your own first stage. Just set it to 130 psi and add your Jetstreams.
Your LDS is unfortunately unfamiliar with Poseidon, and her comments have confused the Cyklon 300 with everything else.

For that matter, even the Cyklon 300 tolerates an IP of 123 psi just fine. A common setting for military cold water diving.

Last edited:
rsingler you are absolutely correct not that I doubted you for a second but I was away from the computer for a few days with work, and hadn't seen your reply until today, in the mean time I called Poseidon and the tech said the exact same thing, I relay the info to my LDS and he is going to put them my 1stages when I provided him with what you and the Poseidon tech said, Thanks again I appreciate your help and sharing of the knowledge!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom