Question What exposure protection do you use?

What exposure protection do you use diving your rebreather?

• dry suit

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • wet suit

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • nekkid

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Asking based on Shearwater's new offering. I doubt I'd feel any dive computer vibrating through my dry suit, but as I've stated many times, I'm a wimp when it comes to temperature and probably use thicker undergarments that others doing similar dives in terms of time and temperature.

Well not yet (unit on order). Will be drysuit.

Asking based on Shearwater's new offering. I doubt I'd feel any dive computer vibrating through my dry suit, but as I've stated many times, I'm a wimp when it comes to temperature and probably use thicker undergarments that others doing similar dives in terms of time and temperature.

I dive all 3 with my unit so can't vote for a single one. I can feel the Divesoft Freedoms vibrate through my 7mm. Easy to feel on 3mm and on my bag drysuit. My O3 is similar to 7mm. You can absolutely hear the vibrating through a 10mm hood though so even if you are nervous about feeling it you can definitely hear it.

I dive all 3 with my unit so can't vote for a single one. I can feel the Divesoft Freedoms vibrate through my 7mm. Easy to feel on 3mm and on my bag drysuit. My O3 is similar to 7mm. You can absolutely hear the vibrating through a 10mm hood though so even if you are nervous about feeling it you can definitely hear it.
With my NERD2, I don't see how I would ever need haptic alarms. Someone posted in the other thread that they certainly do feel the Divesoft vibrations which surprised me.

With my NERD2, I don't see how I would ever need haptic alarms. Someone posted in the other thread that they certainly do feel the Divesoft vibrations which surprised me.
in true 0 vis in a cave you can't see the NERD's. If it vibrated when it started flashing it would be really nice if you're trying to stay on the loop.

in true 0 vis in a cave you can't see the NERD's. If it vibrated when it started flashing it would be really nice if you're trying to stay on the loop.
The closest I've come to that is entering the water at Cove 2 after open water classes from several shops finished up. Had to press my Shearwater against my mask to see it. That's a scenario I've never considered as I've always been able to see something.

OC diver here, but I'm curious to give this thread a follow.

2 psi: I use a Teric, and wear it on the back of my hand, instead of my my forearm/wrist. I can feel its vibration easily whether barehanded, 5mm wetgloves, or drygloves. I understand that clutter can be a problem for CCR already, and there are concerns about snagging. But if there's space for it, you might give the back of your hand a try.

Depending on the time of year and where I am diving, but 50% of my dives are made with a dry suit, the other 50% with a wet suit. Can't you modify your survey ?

UK diver, so drysuit year round with thinsulate undersuit. When I borrowed a friend's Divesoft I could feel that through my set up ok.
Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom