What equipment you can take on open water dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With re: to the refresher course - I hadn't been diving for about the same length of time when I came back into the sport last year. It was revealing when I went back into the LDS for the first time and wondered to myself what had happened to the "horse collars" and weight belts I grew up on! Point is, it took me exactly two nights in a pool and three hours class time to get "refreshed" and it was the best $ I spent. I now have re-read the books, I got to use the "new" (ok, new to me anyhow) equipment in the pool with an instructor before venturing out alone and dangerous, and I got to remind myself how much I hate mask flooding! All in all, it was a good way to remind myself of the respect one needs to have for the water, for your gear, for the tables, for the rules of safety, for all things that can and have changed in 15 years (including me - I still think I'm 25, but my body tells me otherwise), etc, etc. DO IT BEFORE you go on your trip, and you will enjoy the dives on the trip far more.

My $.02 worth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom