What dry suit to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Santi is very expensive compared with a Seaskin.

Whilst the Santi's very nice, you really are making a big commitment to that drysuit; €3k+ with the extras (drygloves, pee valve, etc.)

I'd recommend you look around for a second hand suit that works for now. In a couple of years you will be able to decide if you are prepared to spend that amount on a drysuit.

Obviously if someone else is picking up the bill... Santi with heated undersuit, drygloves, pee valve, QuickNeck seal, heater battery... please.

But do keep an eye out for second hand suits. Drysuits really do not hold their value and can be very cheap.

Thank you for feedback i can try making it a more open question the reson for suche a closed question is because I don't really have so muche wiggle room and i live in Denmark so prices isn't really the same as for anybody outside the used ursuit for 1100usd was actually more than 50%off just like the seaskin it might be cheap for anybody else but i will get a additional 400usd on top of that price
I want a trilaminat dry suit not custom (better resale price and i might grow out of it) it must have silicone seals and mby a neoprene seal for the neck. Is a pee valve a good idea?
A pee valve is a must have. Divers should always be well hydrated, which leads to needing to pee. Having to hold it during a dive is a distraction that can reduce situational awareness, and having to mostly remove the suit on surface intervals is a nuisance. Heck, I even have a pee valve in my semi-dry wetsuit.

A pee valve is a must have. Divers should always be well hydrated, which leads to needing to pee. Having to hold it during a dive is a distraction that can reduce situational awareness, and having to mostly remove the suit on surface intervals is a nuisance. Heck, I even have a pee valve in my semi-dry wetsuit.
But how old are you? Old enough to have a shrivelled walnut bladder :cool:

I am!

Novasuit is from UK right? That's a bit of a nasty situation nowadays.

But what is your budget in €? That should give us a clear view of the possibilities.
Nasty situation???? Can you expand?

If your comment is brexit related, then it should be no more difficult than before, there any no duties applicable as these suits are made in the UK. The freight forwarder will need to do a customs declaration and any VAT rather than being payable to the UK company will be payable to the country the buyer resides in at the time of import however VAT will not be charged by seller.

I am totally against Brexit but lets not make a problem up that is really not there

Nasty situation???? Can you expand?

If your comment is brexit related, then it should be no more difficult than before, there any no duties applicable as these suits are made in the UK. The freight forwarder will need to do a customs declaration and any VAT rather than being payable to the UK company will be payable to the country the buyer resides in at the time of import however VAT will not be charged by seller.

I am totally against Brexit but lets not make a problem up that is really not there
Anything i order from outside eu i pay a but ton to get in the contry

But how old are you? Old enough to have a shrivelled walnut bladder :cool:

I am!
I am ancient; I have had a pee valve since my first drysuit about 10 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom