What do you when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scricepaddy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just started taking pictures.Just got back from the Keys.

Somebody else on the boat had an outfit exactly like mine, with one small exception. Unfortunately that exception wasn't big enough and on the second dive they took off with my camera. I can assume this occasionaly happens to other people and my luck is not unique. Question- when this happens to you what do you do? Do you take their camera and just enjoy the unexpected results, imagining their face as they get pictures they don't remember? Or do you just dive and relax enjoying the dive without the added camera encumbrance?

One note- Camera was a Canon digital so film costs were not an issue.

scricepaddy:
Just started taking pictures.Just got back from the Keys.

Somebody else on the boat had an outfit exactly like mine, with one small exception. Unfortunately that exception wasn't big enough and on the second dive they took off with my camera. I can assume this occasionaly happens to other people and my luck is not unique. Question- when this happens to you what do you do?
You could use a permanent paint marker to clearly identify your set up with your name so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again :wink:

Track by SN#? If they registered it, I'm sure Canon can hook you up.

If it wasn't mine, I wouldn't dive with it. That is for sure the time a flood would happen.

All the best, James

I'd grab their camera, start the dive with it, catch up to them and switch underwater. Why waste a dive without a camera when yours is that close?

Heheh... tough call, but I'd probably take there's down to them... wouldn't use it.. but trade it off..
LOL... but like James, says.. it's almost for certain, that's the one and ONLY time it'll ever flood... by the same token,what if he flooded yours... heheh...

Marking them everywhere, every detachable piece.. I had more than I care to admin, pieces, lens cap, focus light etc.. returned cause they had "fp" on it...
By the same token I get razzzed by others saying, Geeeshh... I wonder WHOSE camera is that... which is fine as long as they don't take it... yellow paint pen does the trick...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom